Thank you for your interest in joining AB 2020: The Aubrey Beardsley Society. Your contribution supports our publishing platform, the AB Blog, as well as the development of our digital collection, the AB Library.
- Regular membership aka ‘Mentor’ is £50. It alludes to the ‘Dear Mentor’ Marc-André Raffalovich as he features in Beardsley’s letters. The names of the ‘Mentors’ will be published on this page.
- Discounted membership aka ‘Disciple’ is £10. It is open to students and early-career researchers who have not yet held permanent academic posts. It entitles scholars at the start of their careers to participate in the competition for the Emerging Beardsley Scholar Prize.
- The first 100 members to join the Society will receive a quintessentially 2020 welcome package with some souvenirs from the cancelled conference AB 2020: Beardsley Re-Viewed (they can expect a folder and a notebook with the beautiful poster design by Hanna Strizh as well as a rose et noir tote bag which was crafted specifically for the conference). As of August 2021, ten packages are still available.
- 20 miniature posters representing the title designs of the Keynote Series are added to the welcome package courtesy of Thomas G. Boss Fine Books.
- The Aubrey Beardsley Society members receive a monthly newsletter compiled by Sasha Dovzhyk.
- All members also receive exclusive gifts and keepsakes such as ABirthday postcards and bookmarks.
You can purchase your annual membership here:
Members of AB 2020: The Aubrey Beardsley Society are entitled to purchase a new book by Simon Wilson, From Greek Youth to Flying Demon Angel: Jacob Epstein’s Studies for the Tomb of Oscar Wilde (London: Sign of Nine, 2020). The price is £10 with complimentary postage.
If you have any queries or suggestions, please get in touch with Sasha Dovzhyk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The ‘Mentors’ of the Aubrey Beardsley Society include:
Audrey Wagtberg Hansen
Lorraine Janzen Kooistra
Mark Samuels Lasner
Brian J. Showers
Ana Parejo Vadillo
… and others who have chosen to remain anonymous.